Elbow Surgeon Lebanon, PA
Dr. Michael Bercik, an esteemed orthopedic surgeon at Lancaster Orthopedic Group, specializes in comprehensive elbow surgeries, addressing various conditions with expertise and precision. His extensive experience and training make him a trusted name in Lebanon, PA, for complex elbow issues, ensuring exceptional surgical outcomes.
Dr. Bercik earned his medical degree from Rutgers New Jersey Medical School and completed a Trauma and Reconstructive Surgery fellowship. Additionally, two international fellowships at the Centre Orthopédique Santy in France and the Melbourne Shoulder and Elbow Centre at Monash University further enhanced his advanced surgical practices under the guidance of renowned surgeons like Dr. Gilles Walch.
Common Elbow Surgeries
- Tennis Elbow Surgery (Lateral Epicondylitis Release): Tennis elbow, or lateral epicondylitis, is a condition characterized by inflammation of the tendons that attach to the outer part of the elbow. When conservative treatments fail to provide relief, Dr. Bercik may recommend a surgical procedure called lateral epicondylitis release. This surgery involves removing damaged or degenerative tissue from the affected tendons to alleviate pain and improve elbow function.
- Golfer’s Elbow Surgery (Medial Epicondylitis Release): Golfer’s elbow, or medial epicondylitis, is a condition involving inflammation of the tendons on the inner part of the elbow. Dr. Bercik may perform a medial epicondylitis release to relieve the tension on the affected tendons, allowing for better healing and improved elbow mobility.
- Elbow Arthroscopy: Elbow arthroscopy is a minimally invasive surgical procedure used to diagnose and treat various elbow conditions. During this procedure, Dr. Bercik inserts a small camera (arthroscope) into the elbow joint through small incisions, allowing him to visualize the joint’s structures and address issues such as loose bodies, cartilage damage, and ligament tears.
- Elbow Ligament Reconstruction (Tommy John Surgery): This complex surgery is often performed on athletes, particularly baseball players, who have experienced a tear in the elbow’s ulnar collateral ligament (UCL). Dr. Bercik reconstructs the damaged UCL using a graft from another tendon, typically from the forearm or hamstring, to restore stability and function to the elbow.
- Elbow Fracture Repair: Elbow fractures can result from various injuries, such as falls or sports-related accidents. Dr. Bercik is skilled in performing open reduction and internal fixation (ORIF) procedures to realign fractured bones and stabilize them with screws, plates, or pins for proper healing.
- Elbow Joint Replacement (Total Elbow Arthroplasty): Severe elbow arthritis or irreparable joint damage may necessitate elbow joint replacement surgery. Dr. Bercik can perform total elbow arthroplasty, wherein the damaged parts of the elbow joint are replaced with artificial components to relieve pain and improve joint function.
- Elbow Nerve Decompression (Ulnar Nerve Transposition): When the ulnar nerve is compressed or entrapped at the elbow (cubital tunnel syndrome), Dr. Bercik may perform a nerve decompression procedure which involves releasing the pressure on the nerve and, in some cases, transposing it to a new position to prevent further irritation.
- Elbow Tendon Repair: Torn or ruptured tendons in the elbow can be repaired surgically by Dr. Bercik. He skillfully reconnects the torn ends of the tendon to restore proper function and strength to the elbow.
Trust in Dr. Michael Bercik for Your Elbow Surgery
As a compassionate and skilled orthopedic elbow surgeon, Dr. Michael Bercik is committed to delivering exceptional care and personalized treatment plans for his patients. His patient-centered approach and commitment to excellence make him a sought-after elbow surgeon in Lebanon, PA, and the surrounding areas. To schedule your first appointment, please click the “Schedule An Appointment” link in the top right of the website or call (866) 564-1000.