Treatment of Elbow Injuries Reading, PA
If you are seeking effective treatment for elbow injuries in Reading, PA, look no further than Dr. Michael Bercik, an esteemed orthopedic surgeon at Lancaster Orthopedic Group. With his extensive experience and dedication to patient care, Dr. Bercik provides comprehensive treatment options for various elbow injuries. Whether you are dealing with a sports-related injury, fractures, or conditions like tennis elbow or golfer’s elbow, Dr. Bercik is committed to helping you regain optimal elbow health and functionality.
Dr. Michael Bercik is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon specializing in shoulder and elbow conditions and orthopedic traumatology. His exceptional qualifications and commitment to patient care make him a trusted provider in Reading, PA. Dr. Bercik has received prestigious awards and pursued fellowships worldwide, gaining advanced techniques and international expertise. With a dedication to integrating modern and traditional approaches, Dr. Bercik develops innovative treatment plans tailored to each patient’s needs, ensuring optimal outcomes.
Non-Surgical Elbow Injury Treatments
Elbow injuries can result from various causes, including sports activities, trauma, overuse, or degenerative conditions. Different non-surgical treatment options for common elbow injuries include:
- Rest and Immobilization: In cases of minor injuries or conditions like tennis elbow, rest and immobilization of the affected arm may be recommended to allow the tissues to heal.
- Physical Therapy: Rehabilitation exercises and physical therapy are crucial in restoring strength, flexibility, and range of motion to the elbow joint. A skilled therapist will guide patients through exercises and stretches to promote healing and regain function.
- Medications: Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) may be prescribed to alleviate pain and reduce inflammation associated with elbow injuries. These medications can help manage symptoms while the wound heals.
- Corticosteroid Injections: Corticosteroid injections may be recommended for certain elbow conditions, such as tennis elbow or golfer’s elbow, where inflammation is a contributing factor. These injections deliver anti-inflammatory medication directly to the affected area, providing temporary relief and reducing inflammation.
Surgery may sometimes be necessary to address severe or chronic elbow injuries. Dr. Bercik specializes in various surgical procedures tailored to specific conditions:
- Arthroscopy: Arthroscopic surgery involves using a small camera (arthroscope) and specialized instruments inserted through small incisions to diagnose and treat various elbow conditions. This minimally invasive approach allows for improved visualization and precise treatment.
- Ligament Reconstruction: Ligament tears, such as the ulnar collateral ligament (UCL) tear commonly seen in overhead-throwing athletes, may require surgical intervention. Dr. Bercik can perform ligament reconstruction to repair or reconstruct the damaged ligament, restoring stability to the elbow joint.
- Fracture Repair: Surgical repair may be necessary for severe elbow fractures to realign and stabilize the broken bones. This ensures proper healing and restores function to the elbow.
Regardless of the treatment approach, postoperative care and rehabilitation play a vital role in the recovery process. Dr. Bercik and his healthcare team provide comprehensive guidance and support throughout the healing journey. Following postoperative guidelines, engaging in physical therapy, and attending follow-up appointments are crucial for optimal recovery and long-term outcomes.
Start Your Recovery Journey with Dr. Bercik
When you choose Dr. Michael Bercik as your orthopedic surgeon for elbow injuries in Reading, PA, you can expect personalized care and a commitment to your well-being. Dr. Bercik understands the impact of elbow injuries on your daily life and is dedicated to helping you regain optimal elbow health and functionality. His expertise, combined with state-of-the-art facilities at Lancaster Orthopedic Group, ensures you receive the highest quality treatment available to help you recover and restore your elbow’s health and functionality. Schedule a consultation appointment today by visiting our website or calling (866) 564-1000.